- Anahata Chakra
The word, ‘Anahata’ means ‘unstruck’. It refers to a sound that is heard directly by the consciousness. This sound is not produced by energy waves striking against the ear drums.
Located directly behind the center of the chest.
The aim of this chakra is to experience love, personal or impersonal. This chakra is directly connected with that part of the brain which is responsible for all creative sciences and fine arts such as painting, dance, music, poetry etc. It controls the heart, mind and emotions. It is the source of prana vayu.
- This chakra has 12 petals. They produce the sounds Kam, Kham, Gam, Gham, Yom, Cham, Chham, Jam, Jham, Yam, Tam, Tham. For activation of the charkas they are pronounced as Kang, Khang, Gang, Ghang, Yong, Chang, Chhang, Jang, Jhang, Uang, Tang and Thang.
- The Bija sound is Yam or Yang. Vehicle is black antelope. Very aware, very sensitive and always full of inspiration the deer depicts the nature of the fourth chakra person. The eyes are innocent, pure and magnetic. The deer is said to die for pure sounds. The love of inner sounds is the love of the fourth chakra person
- Vishnu granthi is situated here. It represents the bondage of emotional attachment
- Presiding Deities are Ishana Rudra and Kakini. Ishana Rudra’s nature is peaceful and beneficient. He holds the trident in his right hand and damaru in his left hand. The holy Ganga flowing from his hair locks represents the cooling and purifying stream consciousness. The snakes coiled around his body are the passions that he has tamed. He wears a tiger skin symbolic of the mind that dwells in the forests of desires. There is no longer any concern for attachments to worldy pleasures or honours This person lives in harmony with the internal and the external world. The fourth chakra contains a Lingam in which Rudra Shiva appears as Sadashiva. He is Shabdabrahma or Omkara. He stands with a trident symbolic of the three gunas. This shivalingam is the second and is known as the Bana (arrow) Lingam. It is the force that acts as ones Guru.
- Plane – Mahar Loka ( the mid-way plane); Element- Air; Planet- Venus.
- Sense organs – Skin and Hands
- Yantra- The hexagram. The yantra is composed of two overlapping intersecting triangles. One facing upward symbolizes Shiva and the other facing downward symbolizes Shakti
- When consciousness functions predominantly from here one is no longer a slave of fate or destiny (Prarabdha Karma). His will power becomes very strong.